The Storywall Sessions: Sarnia
Time & Location
About the Event
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO PARTICIPATE: https://forms.gle/FzcQ5Gqb57C9Erft9
Do you want to share your story with Sarnia Speaks? Well, we’re looking for storytellers just like you to be featured on our interactive Storywall which can be found at sarniaspeaks.org.
We’re looking for stories from all walks of life and on a variety of different subjects to share at our Sarnia Sessions, taking place on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Here’s what you’ll have to do:
- Prepare a paragraph that best highlights your story.
- Fill out this Google Form (https://forms.gle/sk2eNpNvynzz2odp6) and submit your paragraph and personal details so we know you’re coming.
- Arrive the day of 15 minutes before your scheduled time slot wearing whatever you feel comfortable in (please avoid any logos or bold patterns if possible.)
- Read your paragraph in front of our photographer. As you read, the photographer will take photos to capture the emotion you expel.
- That’s it! Enjoy refreshments in the lobby on us for your participation.
All the photos collected will be featured on our website for the indefinite future with a transcript of your paragraph accompanying it.
Why the Storywall?
We realize that with open dialogues, there are a lot of uncontrollable variables, which is why people might not feel comfortable or able to attend them. We don’t want anyone to have to miss out on the magic that happens when people share, exchange and digest stories.
That’s why we wanted to test a new format that will allow more folks to participate as one of our traditional ‘panelists' by sharing their story in a private and controlled environment which can then be digested by anyone from the comfort of their own home or space.
It also allows these stories a wider audience, with a higher likelihood of reaching those who need to read them most.
Stories are important, and we think this is a new and unique way to continue our mission of educating through storytelling.